Amanda C. Cook
Amanda Cook is a highly-regarded attorney serving individuals and families in Pittsburgh. The daughter of founding attorney of Cook & Associates John C. Cook, Ms. Cook has a natural aptitude for the legal field. That, combined with her sharp intelligence, attention to detail, and dedication to her career have made her a sought after attorney with a proven record of success.
At Cook & Associates, Ms. Cook focuses her practice on a wide range of family law matters, including divorce and separation, child custody and support, spousal support/alimony and alimony pendente lite, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, protection from domestic abuse, paternity, grandparents’ rights, and more. She is also a proficient and accomplished in the area of estate planning, helping clients with wills, living wills, powers of attorney, and probate.
In addition to her work at the firm, Ms. Cook serves as board secretary for the Street Medicine Institute nonprofit organization. The organization is committed to bringing healthcare directly to homeless people all over the world.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — J.D., 2005
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio — B.A. in Political Science, 2001
- Minor in Spanish
- Centro de Idiomas Sureste, Mérida, Mexico — Study Abroad, 2001
Admissions & Memberships
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association — Member, 2005 – Present
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania — Member, 2005 – Present
- Allegheny County Bar Association — Member, 2005 – Present
- Street Medicine Institute — Board Secretary
- National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys — Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40, 2016
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers — Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2013
- Super Lawyers — Rising Star, 2012
- 3 Misconceptions About Divorce — Ross Incommunity Magazine, 2016
- 4 Benefits of Mediating, Rather Than Litigating, Your Divorce, Custody and Support Matters — Ross Incommunity Magazine, 2016
- Featured in Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled — Tribune Review, 2015