Legal Support for Any Business
Cook & Associates provides the same corporate expertise found at big firms — but at much more cost-effective rate and in a more convenient location.
We guide owners and executives throughout the entire lifecycle of a company, from start-up to dissolution. Whether this is your first venture or you already have a successful business that you want to expand, our attorneys can help.
Any business, of any size can benefit from our services, which include:
- Business Organization and Start-Up – The business law attorneys at Cook & Associates can help you choose the appropriate business entity for your new company. We can advise you on the strengths and weaknesses of various types of business structures (sole proprietorship, general or limited partnerships, incorporation). We can prepare your bylaws and articles of incorporation and help you obtain special licenses (private detective license, liquor license) and permits.
- Business Litigation – We can handle nearly any dispute and in any forum. Our attorneys are skilled litigators and negotiators who are entirely focused on ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Outside General Counsel Services – The economics of having an in-house attorney simply doesn’t make sense for most businesses. We can provide those same services as outside counsel under flat-fee arrangements.
- Franchises – If you are considering a franchise opportunity as a starting point for your new business, allow us to review the franchise contracts, business leases and other business contracts to help you make the right decision about whether a franchise is a good fit for you. Our attorneys have worked with some of the largest franchisors in the world and have first-hand experience in day-to-day operations with a franchise.
- Contract Drafting, Interpretation and Enforcement – A thorough, detailed and accurate contract can help prevent business disputes from becoming court cases – and a good contract can give you the best chance to win should you end up in court. We also can assist in interpreting and negotiating agreements that are fair and customized to your needs.
- Strategic Business Planning – Take your business to the next level of profitability with a strategic plan to guide you through the next 3, 5 or 10 years of business.